Sunday, June 20, 2010

Macaroni Schotel

It first started when I visited Marsia's at her apartment. She made this delicious macaroni baked called the macaroni schotel. It's been a long time since I had this so I decided to try and make one myself. Here is the recipe that I used to make this delicious macaroni schotel.

 
Ingredients:
- 200gr macaroni (Honig Brand)
- 375gr Corned Beef (Hamper Brand)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 300ml fresh milk 
- 3pcs garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 button mushrooms
- salt, pepper, sugar and nutmeg to taste
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese ( I used Coon for Pizza)
- 1tbsp all purpose flour Or 2 tbsp if you want to be more firm




Cooking instruction:
- Preheat oven to 175 C (375 F)
- Boil the macaroni until cooked, set aside to cool
- In a big pan, heat 2 tbsp oil, saute the garlics and onion until fragrance
- Add corned beef stirring for 3 minutes
- Add milk, salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg, flour, stir well
- Heat off, pour in the macaroni and eggs, mix it well
- Pour in a large oven proof dish, topped with shredded cheese
- Bake for 15-10 mins until the cheese turns golden.

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment